Monday, January 7, 2013

Cherry Tomato Dwarf

Cherry Tomato Dwarf

Some update & Pictures of Tomatoes.
When i started my seeds in September 2012, I planted some tomatoes as well. I had two varieties of tomatoes–
PMLS Round & Cherries.
PMLS round did not germinate at all . I didn’t do any labeling so I wasn’t sure what’s what.. so I was hoping that out of the 9 seedlings some might be cherry & some PMLS round. Now I know all those were cherry tomatoes only. Out of the 9 I just transplanted 6, the seedlings were not looking great so I was a little unsure whether to transplant all of them or not.
They were in the tray only for a month, I transplanted them into some waste PVC pipes until my grow bags arrived..

These already had some buds on them, they flowered in another 1 week and a few had small fruits as well, but I removed all the flowers & fuits hoping to promote more growth, these plants were stunt for a long time, I was feeding HR1 initially and HR2 later.
I had some in small plastic pots, I didn’t wanted to disturb their roots so I transplanted them into the bags along with the pot, just had to cut out the base of the pot without cutting the roots, it was a easy job.

Around Oct 20th 2012 these were transplanted into grow bags, looked stunt for some time. They looked very ugly in the beginning so i wasn’t sure if they would yield anything.
Now they are in full bloom and looking good, i see some fruits as well.
Full bloom cherry tomatoe
Small tiny tomato ..looks promising..

No comments:

Post a Comment